“For students to make a comfortable transition from primary to secondary English. This course will get them to develop their writing abilities further, learn to critically approach any given texts and answer exam questions confidently.”
This course will transition primary school students to what will be expected of them in secondary school. In reading, they will be guided to look for the writer’s purpose and techniques as well as learn to make inferences through context. They will also be exposed to mock SATs exam papers to familiarise themselves with the mark schemes and what is expected of them. In writing, focus will be on honing their creative writing abilities as well as writing strong expository essays.
After this course, your child should be able to:
- Plan the structure of an essay independently
- Write an A4 essay in 30 mins as per the benchmark for this level.
- Use appropriate literary devices in their writing
- Understand and analyse various texts with special attention to purpose, context and writer’s effects.
- Gain confidence in expressing their opinions through persuasive arguments
- Work independently and develop time management in preparation for KS3.
Oct 20, 27
Nov 3, 10, 24
Dec 1, 8, 15
(Total 8 Sessions)
Course fees: RM2,400
Early bird discount of 10% before October 8th 2018
Hurry as places are limited!
Open for Registration Now